Best Video Player for Mac in 2020: Top 3 Noteworthy Players
Sooner or later, many MacOS users face the need to change the video player. Of course, you can stop with the classics from the developers, namely QuickTime.
However, most users point out that this player is far from intuitive, loves to malfunction, and does not support common video formats. Is this sounds familiar to you? Then it’s time to turn your attention to the other top 3 products.
This media player is noteworthy as it supports more specific formats than QuickTime. That is why this tool will be suitable not only for personal, but also for business tasks. For example, if you are working in the field of video marketing, you will be easily able to open any video format created by your video production team. What else is interesting about this player?
- One-click downloading. The built-in download manager can take data from all sites that have at least a hint of a video file. That is, you can download and then watch them offline. Downloading is always done through the built-in browser and there is no need for additional plugins.
- Broadcast to any media player. That is, it will be possible to watch videos on TV and Chromecast systems.
- Video parameter settings. You can set up the brightness, contrast, and so on. It is possible to customize the sound to suit your preferences.
- Creation of screenshots at a set frequency. This is an advantage for those who review or use moments from films.
VLC Media Player
This player can be considered a kind of classic too, as most users exchange QuickTime for this product. VLC Media supports as many video formats as the previous solution. This is its core advantage and the reason for its popularity is the ability to watch and edit videos in different formats that has been a significant problem in the niche about 10 years ago. By the way, the player is actively used by Linux users too.
- This is one of the most popular but still free solutions on the market.
- You don’t need to update the version of this player each time it becomes available – this process is already automated by MacOS.
- Flexible video settings. You can adjust the playback speed, sync subtitles, and you can customize video and audio parameters.
- Creation of screenshots. You can also install keyboard shortcuts and extensions.
This is a relatively fresh product on the market, but there is a possibility that soon it will be in the same line with the above solution. This player is designed in a minimalist style and is used to play videos both online and offline.
- This free product is designed for Mac users only.
- In order to start watching the video, you just need to insert a link to the page with the video. This function allows you not to overload both your PC and the browser.
- You can watch videos in the usual format, but when it comes to long videos, the above function eliminates the slowdown in loading or reloading the page.
Obviously, it’s time to get away from the classic player. If you’re looking for a free product, VLC and IINA are good options. However, Elmedia will give you much more pleasant options than these two players for a symbolic fee.