Deactivate your Kik Account: Kik is an online messaging app that helps you to converse with any person in the world- be it someone you know or a stranger. It is available on both Android and iOS platforms.
But you may want to leave this platform. If you find that Kik is no longer relevant for you because your beloved ones aren’t using it anymore or maybe being a parent, you are concerned for your child and don’t want them to talk to strangers, you might be looking forward to getting rid of the misery and do something with the Kik account. This article will elucidate all your doubts on how to delete or deactivate your Kik account.
Before proceeding further, there is a difference you need to know between deactivating and deleting the Kik account. And some people often inquire if they can delete their Kik account permanently. Both these terms are quite often referred to as temporary and permanent deactivation in the world of Kik. The upshots of both of these actions are different and are precisely listed below:
When you deactivate your Kik account, following this will happen:
- You won’t receive any Kik messages or emails.
- Nobody can search your username after the deactivation.
- Your Kik username will be deleted from the contact lists of those you’ve talked to.
- If you change your mind and want to restore your Kik account, then you just need to reactivate it by signing in with the help of your password.
- If you need to reset your account, then you need to have an email account.
Deleting your Kik account is different from the deactivation and the reasons listed below describes it properly.
- Your Kik account will no longer be accessible and cannot be recovered.
- You won’t receive any Kik messages or emails from their team.
- Nobody can search your username after the deactivation.
- Your Kik profile will be deleted from the contact lists of the people you’ve talked to (it may take a while).
There are some pre-requisites as well to keep in mind when you choose either of these two steps and they are quite easy to comprehend and follow.
- You need to know the email address you used during your sign up on Kik.
- Kik’s permanent deactivation page needs all the entered details to be correct.
- It may take some days for your account to vanish from someone’s device and if he/she ever searched for your account or sent messages to you.
How to Temporarily Deactivate your kik Account
You may be likely to re-activate your Kik account in the foreseeable future. In this case, it is better to temporarily deactivate your account. To do so, you just need to visit the Kik account deactivation page and enter the email address associated with it. After this, you will receive a link to deactivate your Kik profile. Just follow that link and you are good to go. For more information on this topic, you can also visit the Kik’s deactivation page.
Read Also:Funny Things To Ask Alexa: List of 30 Awesome Questions
How to Opt for Permanent Deactivation of Your Kik Account
There are a lot of people who want to know if their Kik account can be deleted permanently. Yes, you can permanently delete it by just following some quick steps after you’ve made up your mind.
- Open the Kik permanent deletion page.
- Enter your username and email address.
- After entering them, you need to explain your reason for deleting the account.
- Confirm your deletion and click on the “Go” option to delete it.
Now, you must create a backup of all the important messages before taking this major step because you will never be able to get them back once you delete your account. And since the messages might be cached on the device of the users you’ve talked to, it may take a while for the chats to disappear from their device.
- The accommodation of deactivating or deleting your Kik account is not available on Kik’s mobile app. You need to visit their website either through your phone or your computer at your convenience for this purpose.
You can also search for some videos on Youtube where they will demonstrate to you how to delete your Kik account. Follow their guidelines to do the same.
Read Also: How Do I Program Rca Universal Remote To My Tv – Quick Guide
How to Permanently Delete your Kik History from iPhone
For an iPhone, the process is a little different if you want to delete your Kik history as you’d be required to use software for this purpose. Software such as iMyFone Umate Pro is available for Mac as well as Windows. It renders all your private information and makes it difficult to access by overwriting it with some other irrelevant details.
Follow these steps to delete Kik data from an iPhone
- Download and install the software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer and launch the app.
- Click on the “Erase Private Data” option.
- As soon as the scanning process is over, you’ll get to see your private data on your device. Choose your Kik data (messages, photos or videos) and choose the “Erase Now” option.
How to Delete your Kik Account without Email ID
Well, the process to deactivate, delete or reactivate has been already discussed but there is still a doubt on the Internet for the users who somehow cannot access their registered email ID which they used for the registration on Kik’s website or maybe if someone had registered by using a fake email ID.
To delete your Kik account without an email ID, follow the procedure given below:
- Login to your Kik account through your device.
- Open settings on the Kik app.
- Choose the “ Your Account” option and in your details, edit the email ID and replace it with the one which is accessible to you.
After this, you need to follow the same procedure as mentioned for the permanent deactivation.
Read Also:Top 10 Best NES Emulator 2019
Unfortunately, this method would not work in case you just remember the username and nothing else because the username is not sufficient to retrieve the account.